Xavi Hernandez has told El Pais he would like to follow in the managerial footsteps of Pep Guardiola and coach Barcelona.
Xavi is contracted at the Camp Nou until 2016 but has admitted his playing days are drawing to an end.
The 34-year-old succeeded Guardiola as one of Barca's key players, and the midfielder has his sights on becoming a manager.
- Ledwith: Barcelona should fancy Man City tie
- Lowe: Blaugrana lack an identity
- Corrigan: Barca frustrated by Getafe
- Ratings: No way through for Messi and co.
- Watch: Are Barcelona back to their best?
- Tomas: Experiment salvaged by attacking trio
- Watch: Real and Barca - how big is the gap?
Guardiola led the Spanish club to several trophies, including three Liga titles, and is now in charge of Bayern Munich.
"Hopefully I can [follow Guardiola]...