Robbie Kruse and Son Heung-min will be the creative sparks of their respective nations when Australia face South Korea in Saturday's AFC Asian Cup final in Sydney. And surprisingly, they are both hoping that the same team gets a positive result this weekend.
Not for the game at Stadium Australia but in a match taking place more than 16,000 kilometres away in Germany. They each ply their trade with Bayer Leverkusen, who return from the winter break, without them, to host struggling Borussia Dortmund...
FIFA president Sepp Blatter has fired the opening salvo of his campaign for re-election by saying Australia deserves to host the World Cup.
Blatter, bidding for a fifth term at the head of world football's governing body, said it was an "unfortunate omission" that the nation had not done so before.
FIFA PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS
- Marcotti: Can Blatter survive another election?
- Chaudhary: Who are the candidates?
- Figo to run for FIFA presidency
- Champagne struggles for nominations
- Blatter welcomes Prince Ali challenge
- Van Praag to challenge Blatter
- Michael Garcia quits FIFA ethics committee
- DFB chief: FIFA won't reopen 2022 World Cup vote
Australia gained only one vote when bidding for the 2022 World Cup, controversially awarded to Qatar, and some FIFA observers believe Blatter was the member of the FIFA executive committee who voted for...