Porto have signed Marseille midfielder Giannelli Imbula for a fee of €20 million.
Imbula, 22, drew favourable comparisons with Patrick Vieira for his leggy build and all-action displays in midfield for OM last season, with the player's father confirming former Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti was an admirer.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Sergio Ramos' mother says he wants to stay at Real Madrid
- Chelsea up bid for Stoke keeper Begovic to £8m
- Robinho set to sign for Guangzhou Evergrande
- Macintosh: Why we love rumours | Cox: Big names to go?
- Atkins: Ba and Sissoko crucial for Shanghai Shenhua
- Top 10 Prem done deals | Europe's top 5 transfers
- FC TV: Barca too much for Turan | Ramos and De Gea
- Marcotti's transfer grades: Part one | Part two
The player had been linked with Inter and Chelsea among others, but has signed a five-year deal with the Portuguese side with a buyout clause of €50m.
Imbula told the club's...