West Ham United are confident of securing a loan move for out-of-favour Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor before the transfer window closes, sources have told ESPN FC.
West Ham have held a long-term interest in Adebayor having seen a late move for the striker in the January transfer window blocked by Tottenham.
Adebayor has been deemed surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane with coach Mauricio Pochettino not including him in his first-team plans.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Vickery: Neymar to United a long shot | Rooney not enough
- Prem team news | Spotlight | Fantasy | Messi vs. Ronaldo
- UCL group draw | Predictions | Marcotti: Tough draw for City
- Cox: Do De Bruyne, Otamendi fit at City? | Transfer sagas
- Marcotti: FIFA reformer's unfortunate comments | Platini
- Prem highlights (U.S.) | Rumour Rater | Aguero boosts City
- ESPN FC TV: City favourites? | Nicol: Mario must perform
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy | FC Podcast
The 31-year-old came was close to joining...