Steven Gerrard was disappointed that his former club Liverpool did not sign Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli.
Alli, 19, agreed to join Tottenham at the beginning of the year from MK Dons, where he spent the remainder of the 2014-15 season.
This campaign he has made 12 Premier League appearances for Spurs, scoring twice, with his form earning him his first caps for England.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Mitten: Man Utd fans are frustrated | Shaw: Boring to watch
- Arsenal must rest Sanchez now | Chelsea too Willian reliant
- Neymar must maintain form | Ames: Champions League XI
- Honigstein: Chicharito stars, Bayer struggle | CL scenarios
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Liverpool had been linked with Alli, whose box-to-box playing style has been likened to Gerrard's in his prime, but instead...