Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is facing a defensive injury crisis after Giorgio Chiellini was ruled out of action for three weeks.
Chiellini, 30, is out for 20 days with a torn thigh muscle sustained during the Bianconeri's 2-1 friendly win over Lechia Gdansk.
Andrea Barzagli is out with a torn groin muscle and both defenders are set to miss the Supercoppa against Lazio on Aug. 8, which leaves Juve heading into the new season short on numbers at the back.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Mitten: LVG content, but has work to do | Cox: Mou's feuds
- Mourinho EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea a team for a decade | Prem
- Tomas: Messi, Neymar and Suarez will strengthen Barca
- McAleer: Rooney can score |Laurens: Di Maria and PSG
- Jones: Gerrard in L.A. | Parker: All-Star format needs tweak?
- Prem previews: Darke club-by-club | Season in a sentence
- Marcotti: Platini must campaign as an agent of change
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ESPN FC TV | Fantasy
Juve could be set to make a move for...