Joaquin is still waiting to discover if he will be permitted to return to Spain and join Real Betis as his club Fiorentina continue to demand full payment for the 34-year-old.
The Spanish midfielder made a plea to the Serie A club to let him leave this summer and return to Betis, where he started his career.
However, the Viola have so far refused to accommodate his wishes since Betis are not close to matching their asking price for a player who has one year left to run on his contract in Florence.
- Rumour Rater | Clubs' transfer needs | Miller: Top 10 sagas
- Evans set for West Brom | Lescott to Villa | Berahino could go
- De Bruyne set for Man City | Cox: How will he fit? | Honigstein
- Stoke reject Walters bid | Adebayor to West Ham? | Kampl
- Tottenham sign Son | Sevilla land Llorente on free from Juve
- FC TV: Spurs' inactivity | No Stones surprise | De Gea mess
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA