Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim has ruled his side out of the chase for William Carvalho claiming the Arsenal target is too expensive for the Ligue 1 side.
Carvalho, 23, reportedly has a €45 million release clause in his contract with Sporting, a sum Monaco, who finished third in Ligue 1 last season, will not be paying.
"William Carvalho is already well thought of. Monaco won't make an investment of that kind this season to strengthen the team," said Portuguese coach Jardim to Record.
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup | Done deals
- Macintosh: Why we love transfer rumours
- Barca's Montoya set for two-year Inter loan
- Weidenfeller, Immobile could stay at BVB
- Turan agent plays down Man United link
- Laporta: I'll sign Pogba for Barca if elected
- FC TV: Chelsea's strategy | Ramos and De Gea
- Marcotti's transfer grades: Part one | Part two