Bravo, Athina! Winners trump losers
- ATHENS, Greece Mocking universal predictions of disaster, the 2004 Athens Olympic Games surprised everyone except true Greeks by taking place in 2004, in Athens and in style.
Almost everything went beautifully.
As IOC big boy Jacques Rogge told a delighted crowd at Sunday's boring-as-hell Closing Ceremony: ATHENS, YOU WON!
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM