Taking a slalom down memory lane
- ATHENS, Greece Another day, another venue, another happy surprise.
Got to be honest here. I've been told to call it as I see it. You know what? I haven't seen a bad Olympic venue yet.
And I've visited every single one of them, except 25.
Seriously, a lot of preparation and money has given Athens several world-class venues. True, it won't make much difference after the Games, when state-of-the-art facilities are immediately converted into state-of-the-art kebab joints.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM