Greeks beaming with pride -- for now
- ATHENS, Greece The Olympic Games so many predicted would never take place have started.
The XXVIII Olympiad -- that's 28 if you never took Roman Numerals 101 -- began Friday night.
And in Athens and on Aug. 13 and on time.
You did it, guys.
Watched by an estimated 4,000,000,002 (that's four billion, myself and my mother) TV viewers, the glittering Opening Ceremony brought worldwide respect, congratulations and kudos to a modern, dynamic Greece.
So let's talk about that guy taking drugs. Allegedly.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM