Greeks should contain enthusiasm
And most of that three into 18 months.
But Athens hasn't won gold yet. It's only arrived at the starting line. And there are 10 laps to go.
10. Will prices be ridiculously high?
Yes, but not as much as we feared. What was expected to be the greediest money chase in Greek history has turned into public displays of repentance and pledges by traders and hoteliers to put service before profit. The lack of visitors -- a sensitive mayor won't give any figures on the number of people in town -- means one thing. Competition. Tabloid Espresso reported takeaway sandwiches at the airport costing an exorbitant $8.
But I'll make you one for $5.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE OLYMPICS HEADLINES
- Durant, USA pull away from Spain to win gold
- Clippers' Paul has successful surgery on thumb
- Schmitt back to school after Olympic stardom
- Olympian Raisman, Poland Spring sign deal