Baltimore needs to improve offensively
Second-year QB Kyle Boller must make a quantum leap for the Ravens to go deep into the playoffs.
The great roster purge of 2002, in which the Baltimore Ravens were forced to jettison more than half their starters from the Super Bowl XXXV championship team because of salary cap excesses, is now a distant memory.
Thanks to the masterful player selection skills of general manager Ozzie Newsome and of personnel director Phil Savage, along with the ability of coach Brian Billick to infuse young players into the lineup, the Baltimore roster is not only one of the best but also one of the youngest in the NFL. Only two seasons after gutting the roster, Baltimore won a division title in 2003.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baltimore Ravens Practice Club Grey Pullover Hoodie