1:00 PM ET, October 10, 2010
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
Mike Hart steps in for Joseph Addai as Colts knock off NFL's last undefeated team
INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning didn't have a touchdown pass or throw for 300 yards, so along comes backup running back Mike Hart to rescue the Indianapolis Colts and hand the Kansas City Chiefs their first loss of the season.With Manning missing receivers all day, Hart found an inside crease in the Chiefs defense, crashed through three players for 11 yards and the game's only touchdown with 4:02 left to give the Colts a 19-9 victory Sunday.
• It's the first time since 1970 in which the last undefeated team was 3-0 or worse.
• Kansas City was held to fewer than 10 points for the second time since the start of last season.
• The Colts have won seven straight October home games and have won five straight at home against the Chiefs including playoffs.
• Adam Vinatieri recorded his 16th career game with at least four made field goals.
• After being held to nine points in the first three quarters, the Colts scored 10 points in the fourth quarter. They have scored 51 points in the fourth quarter this season, their most in any quarter.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Seven NFL teams won at least 11 games last season. Of the six that played Sunday, four lost.
|Team||'09 Wins||'10 Week 5|
|Saints||13||Lost to Cardinals|
|Chargers||13||Lost to Raiders|
|Vikings||12||Monday at Jets|
|Cowboys||11||Lost to Titans|
|Packers||11||Lost at Redskins|
Indy has now won 10 of the last 11 games in this series, dating to 1990. ... The Colts had led the AFC South for 113 of 136 weeks before this season, but Sunday marked the first time they've been atop the division in 2010. ... Backup tackle Barry Richardson started in place of injured right tackle Ryan O'Callaghan, so when Branden Albert hurt his left elbow in the first half, the Chiefs moved left guard Brian Waters to tackle. ... The Chiefs have given up zero points off turnovers this season.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.6||4.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-2||1-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||10:08||Adam Vinatieri 20 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 35 yds, 4:56
|FG||9:19||Adam Vinatieri 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 16 plays, 86 yds, 7:50
|FG||0:07||Ryan Succop 45 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 3 plays, 34 yds, 0:16
|FG||8:36||Adam Vinatieri 47 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 51 yds, 4:10
|FG||4:40||Ryan Succop 35 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 55 yds, 3:56
|FG||3:31||Ryan Succop 43 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 5 yds, 0:18
|FG||14:45||Adam Vinatieri 42 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 60 yds, 3:46
|TD||4:09||Mike Hart 11 Yard Run (Adam Vinatieri Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 71 yds, 5:33