4:15 PM ET, December 13, 2009
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The December trends hold: Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers are perfect, while Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys are perfectly miserable in the most important month of the regular season.
More from ESPN.com
The bottom line was the Chargers had their opportunity to strike and they did, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
Wade Phillips was trying to avoid talk of December woes, but he's running out of answers as to why the Cowboys won't play when it counts, writes Calvin Watkins. Story
The Cowboys are a team in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs for the second consecutive season, writes Tim MacMahon. Story
• The Chargers won their 16th consecutive December game, extending their NFL-record streak. San Diego has won eight straight games after starting the season 2-3.
• The Cowboys have lost six of their last seven December games dating back to 2007.
• Tony Romo fells to 5-9 as a starter in December. Romo is 0-2 in December this season despite throwing five touchdowns and no interceptions.
• LaDainian Tomlinson scored his 10th rushing touchdown of the season. It is his ninth consecutive season with at least 10 rushing scores, the most seasons in NFL history.
• Philip Rivers threw his 100th career touchdown pass, with it going to his most frequent target, Antonio Gates who has caught 29 of the 100.
• Despite the win, San Diego was held below 21 points for the first time since Week 13 of 2008.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Austin went over 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. ... San Diego's Kassim Osgood and Mike Scifres did a flying chest bump after Osgood stopped a punt at the 1. ... The NFL debut of a 3D, in-house video was scrapped after just 6:50, drawing one of the largest cheers of the day.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.3||6.0|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||8:38||Nick Folk 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 41 yds, 6:24
|TD||4:34||Ladainian Tomlinson 1 Yard Run (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 84 yds, 4:06
|FG||11:05||Nate Kaeding 29 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 64 yds, 6:58
|TD||0:01||Miles Austin 6 Yard Pass From Tony Romo (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 99 yds, 7:19
|TD||11:02||Antonio Gates 14 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 75 yds, 4:04
|FG||2:00||Nate Kaeding 34 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 15 plays, 73 yds, 7:17
|TD||0:07||Patrick Crayton 9 Yard Pass From Tony Romo (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 86 yds, 1:54