Berlin still has room for improvement
With the Dolphins in desperate need of a running back, Carnell Williams could be the top pick in the draft.
- Note: Our scouts watch college football with an eye on the next level. This week they look at Miami QB Brock Berlin; Oklahoma DE Dan Cody; N.C. State OT Chris Colmer; Washington WR Charles Fredrick; and more, while also updating their top 32 draft prospects.
We're only nine weeks into the NFL regular season, but the top of the 2005 draft board is beginning to take shape. If the season ended today, the Dolphins would have the first overall selection, followed by the Panthers and 49ers.
The Dolphins could obviously go in several different directions with the top pick, but running back is the team's biggest need. With Carnell Williams and Cedric Benson grading out as high first-round selections, the Dolphins could address that need immediately. The Panthers may be looking to upgrade at wide receiver or patch up their offensive line, making former USC WR Mike Williams and Florida State OT Alex Barron worthy of consideration.
The 49ers likely will be in the market for offensive line help also, but other prospects to strongly consider include Miami DC Antrel Rolle, Texas OLB Derrick Johnson and Wisconsin DE Erasmus James. Finally, if quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Matt Leinart come out early, they could be possibilities for the Dolphins and 49ers.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Saints to cut veteran receiver Moore
- Jaguars, QB Henne agree to 2-year contract
- Spikes: 'Fresh start' best for both me, Patriots
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Nebraska Football Drive Sign
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker