McNeill, Hill raising stock considerably
The tight end position has increased in importance over the last four NFL drafts. The ability of Shannon Sharpe and Tony Gonzalez to create mismatches with their athleticism led to several teams putting more emphasis on finding more athletic pass catchers.
With top athletes such as Baltimore's Todd Heap, Atlanta's Alge Crumpler, the Giants' Jeremy Shockey, Miami's Randy McMichael and Cleveland's Kellen Winslow Jr. coming out of the last four drafts, many teams were able to fill that void. Unfortunately for those still in need, the 2005 NFL draft class is unlikely to provide such luck.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
- Rights group blasts Giants' hiring of Tyree
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Browns set preseason deadline to name QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Women's Auburn Tigers Orange Charged Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt