Ravens, Panthers already in world of hurt
Although few injuries impact a team the way Vick's impacted Atlanta last year, injuries happen every week in the NFL. A team's ability to overcome those injuries often plays a big role in its success. Last year's New England Patriots are an excellent example. Of course, depth is an issue, but some players are impossible to replace. It's hard to imagine the Patriots winning the Super Bowl without Tom Brady under center.
Here is a list of eight injured players, their prognosis and who is expected to replace them. There are also projections for how the injuries will affect the respective teams this weekend as well as down the road.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Giants haul in hero Tyree to develop players
- Giants RB Wilson cleared for full practices
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Baltimore Ravens Steve Smith Sr. #89