Fitzgerald should have instant impact
This year's draft class is deep, and that depth will be reflected in the impact that rookies make this year.
1. New York Giants: QB Eli Manning
It's still possible a veteran could begin the season as the starter and give Manning a year to adapt -- the same way Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick were groomed to take over in their second seasons. If Manning is forced into the lineup in the Big Apple this season, his confidence could take a bruising, especially under a very demanding head coach. It'll take more than the two seasons it took his brother, Peyton, to be voted to the Pro Bowl, but Eli should get there sooner than his father, Archie, who needed eight years to earn the honor on a perennial losing team.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ray Rice wins appeal, can sign with any team
- Janay Rice: 'Never ... have I seen abuse'
- Manziel: Intoxicated fan had toyed with him
- End of an era? Bears place LB Briggs on IR