Rams live to fight another day
The game resembled a preseason contest. Eagles QB Donovan McNabb played one quarter, and Brian Westbrook didn't play at all. The Eagles seemed content to score one touchdown, a pass from McNabb to WR Freddie Mitchell. After that, the Birds did nothing.
This game raises the question: Do you sit your starters and save them for the playoffs, or do you play your starters and risk injuries?
Philadelphia FB/RB Thomas Tapeh dislocated his hip with 28 seconds remaining in the game. That development would support the notion that a team doesn't want to risk injury with the playoffs looming.
But other than their opening drive, Philly looked awful, begging the question, "Can the Birds turn it back on again come playoff time?"
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's St. Louis Rams Sideline Authentic 59Fifty Navy Fitted Hat