Favre's accomplishments merit 'hype'
Standing on the sidelines Monday night as Favre made his 200th straight regular-season start was special. I've covered numerous Packers games with Favre as the starter, but there was something unique about this milestone.
When Favre was introduced to the announcement, "Making his 200th consecutive start, from the University of Southern Mississippi, Brett Favre," the Lambeau crowd went nuts. Flashbulbs lit the place up.
And each of Favre's three TD throws was punctuated by the youthful expression of joy that has come to be the trademark of No. 4.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft St. Louis Rams Die-Cut Decals 2-Pack