Cowboys, Chargers choose present over future
Originally Published: October 20, 2004By Randy Mueller | ESPN Insider
After six weeks of figuring out what you have, a little roster excitement is good. Trades like we just witnessed in the NFL are good for the game, and I'm glad to see people still willing to pull the trigger on midseason deals.
Several teams got a shot in the arm this week as a flurry of wide-receiver deals were made at the trading deadline.
Seattle got a much-needed coach on the field in all-time great Jerry Rice. You had to expect this after watching young receivers Koren Robinson and Darrell Jackson drop several balls in the first half of Sunday's game in New England. Mike Holmgren is trying to find another way to make the point that drops won't be tolerated.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Diego Chargers Pique Xtra-Lite Navy Polo