After holiday, every game counts
For teams like the Ravens, Bengals and Seahawks, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the playoff drive.
If asked, most NFL front offices will tell you the same -- position yourself at .500 or above by Thanksgiving and you have a chance to make a run in December. Not that anyone has a goal of being .500 this time of year, but if you are, it will make for an exciting final month. If not, you're probably thinking about next year or the scenarios in which you can get a lot of help.
It's also why the first thing I used to do when the schedule came out in April or May was look at our games after Thanksgiving.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- Te'o has tuned out flak over girlfriend hoax
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Baltimore Ravens Sideline 2013 Sport Knit Hat