Struggling teams must think long term
The teams we're referring to are probably your 2-7 or 3-6 teams, as we stand today. Usually it's that 8th loss that sends a team into thinking about next year. Nobody wants to be in this position but once you are you might as well make the best of it. Sometimes it's hard to look beyond this week.
This is when it gets tricky because, depending on whom you ask, any one question might get you three or four different answers. Players, coaches, fans, general managers and even owners might all view certain situations a bit differently. That's when the different agendas might come into play.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Carroll: No-show Lynch is in plans
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints' Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Oakland Raiders Sideline Authentic 59Fifty Black Fitted Hat