Drafting is still the key
Personnel people and coaches alike share the pressure of selecting and developing viable replacements that can produce to the level of everyone's expectation.
The college draft has long been the lifeblood of an NFL team. It might not be as sexy or as exciting as signing a high-profile free agent, but it is still the most important day of the year and the best way to acquire talent that will get your team to the playoff level we all strive for.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Colts' Wayne comes in IndyCar; 'ready to go'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New Orleans Saints 3-Piece Grill Tool Set