Midweek notes & observations
Maurice Clarett is in for a tough fight against the NFL powers. Plus notes on the Bucs, Pats, Jags, Raiders & more.
Protecting what's "good for the game" at all levels has always been high on the priority list of the league and the NFLPA. This one would open a can of worms that nobody wants to tackle. If the case should ever make it to court I'd bet some type of one-time exemption would be worked out as opposed to allowing a judge to make a ruling that would open the flood-gates to others.
Elsewhere around the NFL this week:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy attempts to clarify Sam comments
- Rights group blasts Giants' hiring of Tyree
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Browns set preseason deadline to name QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden #20