Midweek notes & observations
Tuesdays are the players' day off - and also the day teams bring in free agents for tryouts and physicals as potential roster additions. Wednesdays, it's back to practice, introducing game-plans and filing injury reports with the league.
There's also plenty of looking back at last Sunday and ahead to next. Here are a couple of things we noticed:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Colts' Wayne comes in IndyCar; 'ready to go'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint New Orleans Saints Framed Memories Photo Mint