Eagles, Pats catch breaks on way to SB
Philadelphia played the Minnesota Vikings with Randy Moss on one-and-a-half legs. The Vikings are a completely different offensive team when Moss isn't 100 percent and they played like it. I'm not saying the Eagles still wouldn't have beaten the Vikings, but their job was made easier by the absence of a healthy Moss.
In the championship round the Eagles faced the Atlanta Falcons and knew going in they just had to stop QB Michael Vick to win. Granted, that's easier said than done, but it's nice to know that if you just stop one player then you'll probably win.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says
- Source: Peterson likely out, but no surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Turner Licensing Philadelphia Eagles 2014 Team Wall Calendar