Advice for Boller: Give it time
A Baltimore quarterback throwing four TD passes is like another QB in a pass-oriented offense throwing 10.The approach of the Baltimore Ravens under head coach Brian Billick has been to win with a great defense and with Jamal Lewis running the ball -- and that formula won a Super Bowl.
But Baltimore's defensive collapse in a 27-26 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals two weeks ago ought to make the Ravens realize that they can't expect their defense alone to win games. They need to be able to throw the ball effectively to put more points on the board.
I believe Boller is up to that task. He's getting into a rhythm and showing signs of the confidence Billick showed in him last year when Boller started as a rookie. And the task has been tougher with Lewis missing four of the past eight games due to injury.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium Framed Photo