Injuries taking a toll on several teams
Originally Published: September 24, 2004By Joe Theismann | ESPN Insider
We're starting to see teams start to take some big hits from injuries. Mark Brunell, Deuce McAllister, Tommy Maddox, Steve Smith, Stephen Davis and Kellen Winslow are just some of the big names that have gone down already this season. The NFL is a game of big stars, and if a team can keep its stars healthy, then it has a chance to compete late in the season.
When a team loses its star player, it is affected on both sides of the ball. A perfect example is in Cleveland. The Browns spent all of preseason and the first couple weeks of the regular season scheming ways to get Winslow the ball, and now he's out.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Kansas City Chiefs 2-Piece Printed Carpet Car Mat Set