In defense of Moss -- sort of
If Packers fans indeed have a reputation for mooning the visiting team, as Dungy said, then it at least puts Moss' antics in context. The coach explained to me Tuesday why he defended the Vikings' star receiver.
"I'm not sure I would call it 'defending' because it's not something I'd like to see anybody on my team do," said Dungy. "But, it's true, when I saw it, I immediately thought about all the times I've been to Green Bay when we've been mooned by their fans outside the stadium while we were riding away on our bus. They're great fans, but that's what they do."
If that were the case, I wish Moss would have explained it that way. Maybe there would have been a lesser reaction, but Dungy said there is more evidence that puts Moss' actions into context.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Atlanta Falcons Quick Toss Softee Football