Tight ends will make quiet contributions
The Super Bowl XXXIX tight ends won't have big statistical games, but they could sway the outcome.
Updated: January 28, 2005, 5:26 PM ETBy Merril Hoge | ESPN Insider
The tight ends in Super Bowl XXXIX aren't going to get a lot of publicity in the coming week. They aren't expected to be game breakers like the Eagles' Brian Westbrook or the Patriots' Corey Dillon, so they'll toil in obscurity. But let me assure you the tight ends will play just as big a role in this game by doing the dirty work as the Dillons and Westbrooks will.
Here's a look at the potential unsung heroes of the Super Bowl and how their teams will try to use them.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL: Players responsible for what's in body
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Texans owner won't judge Raiders S.A. buzz
- Report: Highest initial Bills bid for $1B-plus
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New England Patriots Navy Cuffless Knit Hat