Ravens, Colts too one-dimensional
The Ravens and Colts have to correct their problems on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, respectively.
- Editor's Note -- ESPN analyst Merril Hoge took a look at the game film to try to help the Baltimore Ravens and the Indianapolis Colts. Both teams are one-dimensional squads that are close to either a playoff berth or Super Bowl contention. Here's a look at their strengths and weaknesses and what they can do to shore up their weaknesses.
The Ravens have a terrific defense that will always keep them in games. This is a stellar defense led by linebacker Ray Lewis and safety Ed Reed. They play extremely physical defense and intimidate opposing teams from the opening kickoff to the final seconds of the game.
In addition to the physical nature of the defense, they also scheme extremely well. The coaching staff has done a great job keeping offenses off balance with different schemes, while keeping his players in positions of strength.
Offensively, this team has a strong running game that is difficult to stop. The Ravens have a very physical offensive line that blocks extremely well for stud running back Jamal Lewis. This running game does a great job dictating the pace for the offense and keeps the defense off the field, which helps the defense out a lot.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal
- Reece: Raiders must be 'fearless' in offseason
- Jags, ex-Seahawk Bryant reach 4-year deal
- Cowboys' Romo says he's on pace for OTAs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wild Sports Indianapolis Colts Tim Wolfe Series Desktop Helmet Statue
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker