BC's move becoming a reality
With 17 starters back from a team that won eight games, Boston College is ready to take on the ACC.
In some ways, he's trying to block out the idea that the Eagles are part of the Atlantic Coast Conference now, where they'll compete in easily the most improved football league in the country since expansion brought in three new teams, including Miami and Virginia Tech, last season.
Boston College's entry doesn't become official until July. And until then, there's always that possibility of more litigation, or a refusal by the Big East to let the Eagles leave. At least, there is in O'Brien's mind.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt