Carroll, Sarkisian to assist Kiffin with play calls
Originally Published: March 28, 2005By Ted Miller | Special to ESPN.com
A 29-year-old replaced Norm Chow as USC's offensive coordinator, and that sounds like the coaching equivalent of handing over Michael Schumacher's Ferrari to a 16-year-old with a spanking new driver's license. If that adolescent happened to be called "Andretti," however, the apparently risky move might be described as bold and inspired.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo