Wolverines playing it safe in the spring game
Originally Published: March 23, 2005By Teddy Greenstein | Special to ESPN.com
The original plan called for Michigan to conclude spring practice with an intrasquad game April 16. But Wolverines coach Lloyd Carr said it won't be much of a game unless fans like watching touch football. "For all those people who want to see tackling in the spring game, don't come," Carr said. "But I hope you come Sept. 3 [for the opener against Northern Illinois]. Hopefully, we'll tackle that day."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Michigan State Spartans 2014 Rose Bowl Game Champions Full-Size Football