Texas burned by Perrilloux
QB Ryan Perrilloux has given Texas fans reason to believe they may be better off without him.
- With all due respect to beloved former Texas sports information director Jones Ramsey, who passed away last summer, his oft-repeated quip that there are two sports in Texas -- football and spring football -- is in dire need of a 21st Century revision.
Through the, um, marketplace of ideas that is the Internet, fans in the Lone Star state, and wherever King Football rules, have several new choices to fill the void between those seasons.
Recruiting. Second-guessing recruiting. And, a new favorite for Longhorn fans, rationalizing recruiting.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider