A look around the Big 12
A team-by-team look at the Big 12.
Overview: Baylor coach Guy Morriss thought he could get the Bears to 6-5 this season and sneak into a bowl game. Instead, his 3-8 team turned it over six times in a season-opening loss at Alabama-Birmingham and never had any confidence on the road. The Bears have lost 24 straight road games and are 0-36 in Big 12 road games. Like last year's home victory over Colorado, the Bears pulled off another major upset this season by toppling Texas A&M at home in overtime.
MVP: Safety Willie Andrews edges out linebacker Justin Crooks and fellow safety Maurice Lane for this one because Andrews, a junior, not only makes plays on defense but on special teams as well. Andrews was second to Crooks (16) with 10 tackles behind the line of scrimmage thanks to a heavy dose of blitzing. But Andrews kept Baylor in games because of his ability to make plays returning punts and kicks.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Gold Football Practice Legend T-shirt