Gainesville the best destination
Ron Zook and Tyrone Willingham struggled to win games, but both left plenty of talent for their successors.
The following is a breakdown of the top-five opportunities, from an overall talent standpoint, for a new coach to step in and have immediate success, as well as an examination of the type of schemes and coaching personalities that will be optimal to maximizing the existing personnel at each program.
Florida president Bernie Machen and athletic director Jeremy Foley showed a lack of patience by firing coach Ron Zook with four regular-season games left. The administration failed to account for the maturation and development of what was a young but incredibly talented football team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 2 FSU rallies to avoid upset at Louisville
- NCAA upholds Gurley's 4-game suspension
- Plea for Sooner accused of striking woman
- Police release emails detailing FSU RB case
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-shirt