Trojans too talented for Irish
Texas and Iowa State will remain in the BCS picture with impressive home victories.
- This week's rivalries feature the "haves" versus the "have-nots," with the "haves," such as Texas, Louisville, Boston College, Georgia and USC, all being installed as double-digit favorites. The biggest "have" is USC, which is a 23-point favorite over Notre Dame -- a shocking number for this series. Even so, we see the Trojans as one of the best bets of the week. Iowa State, fighting for a place in the Big 12 title game, is our other best bet.Friday
Arkansas +3½ over LSU: Arkansas showed last week it really does want to go to a bowl. A loss at Mississippi State would have eliminated all chances. But after falling behind 14-0, the Hogs rallied for 24 straight points and the victory. Even more impressive was their ability to run out the clock at the end of the game. Now they must beat LSU at home to go bowling. LSU is already eligible for a good bowl, and certainly doesn't have the same incentive. We'll stick with the hungry team here.
The pick: Arkansas.
Texas -10 over Texas A&M: Texas is an explosive team but needed a wakeup call in its last game to beat a Kansas team playing with its fifth-string quarterback. The week before, the Longhorns looked dead in the water before scoring 42 second-half points to crush Oklahoma State's minds and spirit. With Vince Young coming into his own, he has become the most dangerous player on the field.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider