Trojans' defense will make plays
The Trojans possess too much talent for the Irish, and will move one step closer to the BCS Championship game.
- Saturday's game will mark the 76th meeting between the two schools. The Irish hold a 42-28-5 edge over USC but trail in games played at the Coliseum by an 18-17-4 margin. Notre Dame enters this year's contest trying to finish on a high note after a tough home loss to Pittsburgh dropped the Irish to 6-4 overall.
When: Sat., 8:00 ET (ABC)
Where: L.A. Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Meanwhile, the men of Troy are on track to earn a berth in the Bowl Championship Series title game this season, if they can notch wins against Notre Dame and cross-town rival UCLA.
Interestingly, the last time USC raced out to a 10-0 start (1988), its run was ended by a 27-10 Irish victory at the Coliseum. Will Notre Dame pull off the biggest upset of the college football season, or will the high-powered Trojans' offense simply prove too much to overcome?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider