Johnson will be on McNeal's trail
Behind the running of Cedric Benson, the Longhorns will knock off the Aggies and keep their BCS hopes alive.
- While the State Farm Lone Star Shootout is important to both schools regardless of their records, there is more on the line than just bragging rights this year. The Aggies trail the Longhorns by just one game in the Big 12 South standings, and a win would give them the head-to-head tiebreaker.
When: Fri., 3:30 ET (ABC)
Where: Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX
In addition, this will be just the 10th time in the history of the series that both teams enter the game ranked in the Top 25. However, Texas has won the last four meetings between these two teams, and it leads the all-time series 71-34-5.. The Longhorns have also won 28 of their last 29 home games.
Considering the history between these two teams and the impact the outcome could have on the standings, expect a hard-fought game with both schools playing with a tremendous amount of emotion.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider