Franchione eager for benchmark win
With QB Reggie McNeal leading the way, Texas A&M will be in position to end Texas' BCS dreams.
- In it's upset win over Michigan, Ohio State proved yet again that nothing can be taken for granted when it comes to late-season rivalries. Just a few hours later, Ron Zook's much-maligned Gators crushed Florida State's BCS bowl dreams in Tallahassee. Need more proof? How about 2-9 Vandy nearly knocking off SEC East champion Tennessee, or injury riddled Alabama giving Auburn a scare in the Iron Bowl?
End of season rivalries are so anticipated due to the increased potential for an upset. Favorites often play tense, while underdogs lay it all on the line
The following is a look at five of the biggest potential landmines for teams that can't afford to stagger, with analysis on how the underdog can play the role of spoiler:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider