West Virginia is fading fast
- Toledo and Bowling Green face off in Toledo tonight for a spot in the MAC title game. These are two of the highest scoring teams in the country and probably two of the top 25, at least by our standards. We like Toledo to stretch its 12-game home winning streak, and we're making the Rockets one of our top picks this week.
Elsewhere, Tuesday we think Central Florida finally will get off the schneid, and Thursday night we like Pitt to upset West Virginia. For those who can't wait for Thanksgiving Day action, ESPN is showing Breakfast at Rutgers (vs. Connecticut), a contest between two teams that have disappointed this year.Tuesday
Toledo +4½ over Bowling Green: Toledo coach Tom Amstutz is a gambler who coaches with a lot of confidence, as evidenced by his penchant to go for it on fourth down. That's why we think the Rockets will upset Bowling Green at home Tuesday night. Another is that they have won their last 12 home games and 26 of their last 27 over the last five years. Some of the teams Toledo defeated in that span include Pitt, Minnesota, UNLV, Cincinnati, Marshall and Bowling Green.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider