Bears' offense will continue to roll
Stanford almost shocked USC early in the season, but they will be no match for surging California.
- The Golden Bears have captured the last two Big Games against Stanford -- after a seven-year losing streak in the series -- and will look to make it three in a row in front of a sellout home crowd.
When: Sat., 3:30 ET
Where: Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
This rivalry is one of the most exciting in college football. An amazing 50 of the 106 games played between Cal and Stanford have been decided by seven points or less, and 29 have been decided by three points or less.
This rivalry also has produced an NCAA-best five games decided on the final play. Clearly, the most famous play took place 22 years ago. Cal scored a touchdown on an incredible 57-yard return that ended with the Stanford band on the field.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Bound Pique Xtra-Lite Cardinal Polo
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider