Utah would make history with win
BYU needs a win to become bowl eligible, but Utah has too many weapons for the Cougars to pull off the upset.
- Saturday's game marks the 80th meeting between these in-state rivals, as the Cougars of Brigham Young University travel north to Salt Lake City in search of an upset win over No.6 Utah. The Utes lead the all-time series 47-28-4 and have won six of their last 10 games against the Cougars including the last two.
When: Sat., 7:00 ET (ESPN)
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT
Utah is also vying for BCS consideration and can not afford to slip up in its final game of the season. Having already clinched the Mountain West Conference title, their second in as many years, the Utes are looking to become the first team in conference history to finish the regular season undefeated.
BYU, on the other hand, comes in with a 5-5 record and needs a win to become bowl eligible for the first time in three years. A win on Saturday could send the Utes to a New Year's Day bowl but expect a hard-fought game with the Cougars' postseason hopes still alive.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue 'Royal, Strong and True' Fan T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider