A look around the MWC
John Robinson should be recognized as the man who rescued a horrible UNLV program.
However, before delving into that exciting scenario for the conference, a moment must be taken to say good-bye to UNLV coach John Robinson, who is retiring following his team's game at San Diego State on Saturday.
Robinson maybe stayed a year or two too long. But he should be recognized as the man who rescued a horrible program. Robinson arrived prior to the 1999 season, with the Rebels considered by most to be the nation's worst team, having gone 0-11 in 1998 and won just six games in four years. He took the Rebels to a bowl game in his second season and has at least improved the level of athlete the program recruits.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football