Bucks, Tide eager to play spoilers
Both Michigan and Auburn face extremely dangerous battles against their struggling rivals.
- The old adage, "You can throw the records out when these two teams meet" takes on a whole new meaning this time of year. Rivalry games are anticipated because of the increased potential for an upset. Favorites often play tense, while underdogs lay it all on the line.
Almost nothing has been decided in terms of the BCS standings. Conference titles and bowl bids are still up for grabs. The next two weeks of college football can make or break an entire season of hard work.
The following is a look the four biggest potential landmines for top teams, with analysis on how the underdog can pull off the upset:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider