A look at Notre Dame, Navy
Of all the QBs to face Notre Dame in the program's history, Tyler Palko became the first to pass for five touchdowns.
- In week two Notre Dame CB Dwight Ellick and his fellow defensive backs backed up their words and flustered Michigan's vaunted WR corps.
On that day the Irish secondary played like "dirty boys," their self-appointed nickname. Nine weeks later, Notre Dame fans could formulate more colorful (and less publishable) epithets for the secondary, which self-destructed in a 41-38 loss to Pitt.
Panthers sophomore WR Greg Lee offered this candid and callous evaluation:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider