A look around the Big 12
A team-by-team look at the Big 12.
- Why is Bill Callahan angry with Oklahoma's fans? Which Big 12 star quarterback's father claims his son is unhappy with the school's head coach and system? And what's the good news and bad news for Oklahoma star Adrian Peterson? These questions and more are answered in our Big 12 notebook.
Baylor, believe it or not, was the first team to really test Oklahoma's protection schemes last year in the second half of a 41-3 loss in which the Bears blitzed like crazy, sacking Jason White five times.
OU scored only one touchdown in the second half of that game, which might have served as the blueprint for Kansas State and LSU, which gave the Sooners back-to-back losses to end last season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider